Associate Director of Transfer Admissions
(800) 249-6412 ext. 6067 or
Senior Admissions Counselor
(800) 249-6412 ext. 6049 or
Information for Transfer Students
The School of Nursing is committed to being responsive to the needs of transfer students. In the past few years, there has been a national and statewide increase in the number of students interested in nursing. Accordingly, the competition among students for acceptance into nursing programs, including St. Scholastica, has risen. The following information details the selection process for transfer students entering the nursing program.
Transfer Student Nursing Program Selection Process
The nursing major accepts 112 students into each class.
- 92 seats are available to all students who have earned more than 48 semester credits at the College.
- 20 seats are reserved for transfer students having earned less than 48 semester credits at the College.
12 semester credits of coursework is recommended before application into the nursing program.
The following criteria are used to rank-order transfer students for selection into one of the 20 reserved seats of the nursing program. The criteria are listed in order of importance:
- Number of credits earned/or in process at The College of St. Scholastica.
- Meeting the minimum nursing entrance GPA established by the 92 students entering into the class. This GPA varies from year to year, but will be no lower than 3.0.
- A College of St. Scholastica GPA of 3.0 or higher.
If completed at St. Scholastica, a grade of 'C' or higher is required. If transferred, a grade of 'B' or higher is required.
- ENG 1110 First Year Composition
- CTA 1102 Human Communication
- SOC 1125 Concepts and Principles of Sociology or SOC 2433 The Family and Society
- CHM 1021 Introductory Chemistry for Health Sciences
- CHM 1025 General and Organic Chemistry
- CHM 1035 Introduction to Biochemistry
- BIO 1035 Cell Biology
- BIO 2110 Anatomy/Physiology I
- PSY 2208 Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- PSY 3341 Introduction to Counseling