FAST FACTS: Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy
* Tuition rates are for the 2017-18 academic year. Additional fees and costs for course materials may apply. Total program cost and completion time varies depending on transfer credits and individual program plans. Tuition rates are subject to change.
The transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy (tDPT) program at St. Scholastica offers working clinicians degree parity in a 100 percent online format. Designed with the needs of practicing physical therapists in mind, our program is streamlined to offer clinicians a bridge between their bachelor's or master's degree preparation and the Doctor of Physical Therapy curriculum.
Upon completion of the tDPT program, the learner will be able to:
The American Physical Therapy Association's (APTA) Vision 2020 calls for all physical therapy to be provided by DPTs by 2020. The goal is to advance the reputation and standing of physical therapists in the medical community and increase the profession's base level of training.
While a DPT will not be required to continue practicing, a tDPT program is still beneficial for several reasons:
"My transitional DPT degree has opened the door for me to teach at the university level and publish my book titled Sustainable Fitness. I am very grateful for my CSS degree."
– Ziya Altug, PT, DPT, MS, CSCS, '15
"As a manager with plans to oversee rehab departments in bigger organizations, I realized that being a DPT is a necessity. I highly recommend the program to anyone who is looking to expand their knowledge and skill set as a PT."
– Avi Amit, PT, TDPT student
"I fully credit Dr. Anderson's class in Health Policy, where I found the direction I needed to make a difference. The tDPT program, and Health Policy in particular, has made a difference in my life and now I hope to pay it forward."
– Karen Litos, PT, MPT Chair of Government Affairs for the APTA Section on Women's Health
"Excellent, vigorous and practical are apt descriptions of the tDPT program at St. Scholastica. The knowledge and skills I gained in pharmacology, diagnostic imaging, evidence based practice and differential diagnosis were immediately applicable."
– Kim Braun PT, DPT, President, Braun Therapy Staffing