If you are interested in heightening your well-being and getting involved in something fun, then our faculty and staff challenges are perfect for you! Visit www.mywellsite.com/healthylife/css for more information on the WELLU challenges.
Are you ready for our next faculty and staff team challenge?! Join us as we travel the full distance of China's Great Wall. Visit the stone forest, where massive rock pillars tower in natural rock gardens. View the villages, dragon boats, rice fields, pagodas, and cultural splendors that exist nowhere else in the world. As you participate in this 5 week challenge, look for interesting points that will pop up along the way from Dandong to Jiayuguan! You'll be able to track your progress with ease by either entering your steps or by choosing one of many possible activities that will convert to steps. This journey will excite and inspire as you step your way to a happier, healthier you. So step up, have fun, and help your team as we journey to better health. And remember, as a Chinese Proverb states, "One step at a time is good walking."
This TEAM challenge will begin on Monday, November 4th, and it will run through Monday, December 9th. There are 2 possible ways for each participant to win $25 by participating in this challenge:
1) Perform and track the most steps as a team
2) Submit a winning essay on how your team met the philosophy and vision of Being a Steward of Your Health throughout the challenge
HOW TO... Create an Account (for All Users):
1) Visit www.mywellsite.com/healthylife/css
2) All users must create an account, even if you've participated in the past
3) Click on either "Not Registered?" or "Sign up now by CLICKING HERE"
4) Agree to the end user agreement
5) Type in "CSS" next to enter site under company selection and click "OK"
6) Fill out all profile information and click "Save & Continue"
HOW TO... Create a Team (for Team Captains):
1) Once logged in, click "Teams" on the left side bar
2) Click "create a team" in the upper right corner
3) Fill out all fields appropriate
a. Enter your team name
b. Make sure to choose an avatar to represent your team
c. Enter a brief description for your team
d. Make your team a "Public" team so that others may easily join
e. Select "yes" that you want to limit the number of people
f. Set that limit to 10
g. Select "yes" you are a member of the team
HOW TO... Add your Team to the Challenge (for Team Captains):
1) To add your team to the challenge, click on "challenges" on the left side bar
2) Click on "Challenge Teams" in the upper right corner
3) Click on "add my team to this challenge"
4) Then click "add to challenge"
HOW TO... Join a Team (for Non-Captain Team Members):
1) Once logged in, click "Teams" on the left side bar
2) Scroll over the team you would like to join and click "Join"
HOW TO... Track Steps (for All Users):
1) Once logged in, click "Welcome" on the left side bar, if you are not already there
2) If you'd like to track steps and view progress on the map, click the link within "Visit the challenge page by clicking here."
3) If you'd like to track steps quickly, do so directly from the "Welcome" page
4) Enter the date and steps under "Count Steps" if you walked or know the steps for your activity
5) Enter the date, choose an activity, and enter minutes under "Count Activities" for other physical activities
As all of our participants begin packing away their 'blue suede shoes,' we say goodbye to yet another successful faculty and staff challenge. The conclusion of the "Rock Your Way to Wellness" challenge brought about the celebration of 19 winners within 3 different teams. The staff ladies from the science building, known as the Science Saints, quickly became winners after tracking the most points at an outstanding 795,732 steps. Team members include Amanda Nix, Kristen Reedy, Pam Olson, Cathy Johnson, and Renee Saamanen. After hours of calculations, the competitive walkers from College Advancement, known as the Blue Stone Rockers, took home the medal for the most log ins to the Healthy Life site with at least 35 log ins each. Team members include Carrie Emslander, Elizabeth Simonson, Janet Rosen, Lisa Roseth, Shannon Hoffman, and Aimee Fisher. Lastly, after reading and evaluating a number of fine essays, the large, 8 member team of One Token Male claimed the prize with the most thought-out and inspiring winning essay. Team members include Amanda Abrahamson, Anne Hansen, Brenda Panger, Cathy Johnson, Joe Wicklund, Joel Claseman, Laurajae Johnson, and Pam Lahti. Congratulations to each of our winners and to all that competed in this exciting, team challenge!
From L to R: Nikki Schutte, William Leino, Barbara King, and Paula McGrew
As the ever stressful and hectic holiday season came to a close, so did our WELLU faculty and staff challenge, "There is No Time like the Pleasant!" Throughout this challenge, participants were rewarded points for setting aside time for themselves to complete and track 7 possible relaxation activities. From the 60 plus faculty and staff that took part in this challenge, 20 individuals recorded at least 100 points and 11 individuals recorded at least 200 points! Ironically enough, three individuals tied for 2nd place with an outstanding 217 points. These stress-free participants are William Leino, Paula McGrew, and Nikki Schutte. Landing in first place, just one point ahead of the others at 218 points, was Barbara King. Barbara plans to purchase a new iPod Mini with her prize money! Be sure to congratulate our challenge winners, and keep an eye open for future WELLU faculty and staff challenges!