Authorized drivers are permitted to use College owned vehicles or rentals on behalf of the College for approved College business uses. Authorized drivers must be a current employee or student of the College of St. Scholastica and be on the Authorized Driver List. The complete automobile usage policy can be viewed here.
CSS Authorized Drivers
An authorized driver is someone who meets all the requirements set forth in the CSS policy and has a current and valid driver's license.
To become an authorized driver, the College must have some assurance of your driving competency and requires a Driver Verification Form to be completed. The driving competency is determined by your responses on this questionnaire and a check of your driving record with the State Motor Vehicle Department. Failure to complete the Driver Verification Form, and/or allowing for a Driving Record check with the State Motor Vehicle Department, will result in denial of use of any College vehicle. The form may be completed by clicking here.
A College employee or student may be denied use of a College vehicle if they do not meet the following criteria:
1. The individual must have a valid driver's license that has been in effect for the previous two years.
2. The individual must have a reinstated license that has been in effect at least one year after revocation.
3. The individual must not have three (3) at-fault accidents or moving vehicle violations within the last 36 months.
4. The individual must not have any violation for drunk driving, driving under the influence of drugs, or reckless driving within the last 36 months.
5. College vehicle use privileges will be denied based on driving performance of such severe proportions which exhibit that the driver has operated vehicles in a unsafe or negligent manner.
Vehicle Reservation Requests
• Reservations for pool cars and vans can be made by CSS employees by filling out the Vehicle Reservation Request Form or by contacting Facilities Services at extension 6106 during the regular business hours of 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
• Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis, however priority will be given to staff and faculty for College business needs.