ENTER program | Undergraduate Admissions
ENTER is a criterion based, early admission program for nursing students. The program is available for traditional first year students starting their academic career at The College of St. Scholastica. Students who declare their intent to pursue a bachelor's degree in nursing the first semester of their freshmen year will be guaranteed admission to that program after two years of undergraduate work if they meet the plan criteria. Transfer students are not eligible for the ENTER program.
Guaranteed admission criteria include the following:
- Make application to the ENTER program by the end of fall semester of your freshman year. The application will be posted online in September.
- Complete 48 semester credits at CSS prior to taking spring nursing courses.
- Complete or have a plan for completing all prerequisite courses for the nursing program.
- At the time of application to the major (fall, sophomore year), have achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.4 or higher.
- Obtain no grade lower than a 'C' in any prerequisite course.
- Obtain a minimum grade of 'B' in ENG 1110 First Year Composition.
- Complete the two-year Healthcare Provider CPR certification prior to the start of the nursing program.
- Complete all nursing program immunizations requirements through MyHealth.
- Complete an 80 or 125-hour Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) course.
- Complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI-TEAS) entrance exam. Registration details, including test dates/times/locations will be sent to you via email.
Students who do not meet the above criteria will be able to apply to the nursing program through the standard application process.
Applications open at the first day and close the final day of fall semester.
Military Veteran Nursing Students
The criteria-based early admission program for military veteran nursing students is the Joining Forces program. Learn more.