The Application to the Major is OPEN!
This application period is open from 12:00AM on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 until 11:59pm on Tuesday, September 26, 2017.
Apply to Traditional Undergraduate Nursing Major
Application to Nursing Checklist
Students apply to the nursing program during the fall semester of their sophomore year and if accepted, will begin the nursing program in the spring of their sophomore year.
To prepare for your application to nursing:
Upon application students will need to:
- Be certified in CPR with 2 year expiration. Nursing students are required to take a Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR course.
- Have taken a certified CNA course and completed state CNA registration. This course is offered locally at Lake Superior College in Duluth, American Red Cross in Duluth, or WITC (Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College) in Superior, WI.
- Have satisfied the immunization requirements listed on MyHealth.
- Provide registration date for the ATI-TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam.
- Follow the schema for registration. It is advantageous if you complete the World Languages requirement your freshman or sophomore year.
- ENTER students who have maintained a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher and who have met all the requirements for admission, will be guaranteed a spot in the nursing program. However, ENTER students must complete the application form and all the requirements listed above.
Materials/Forms necessary for this process include:
- Application to the Major. Digital application will open annually in September.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification card (2 year expiration).
- Certified CNA course transcript or certificate OR the date you are registered to complete the course Fall semester and verification of CNA registration with the state.
- ATI-TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam registration or completion date.
CPR certification implies successful completion of the 2 year expiration Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR course. Other types of CPR courses do not meet this requirement. CPR certification MUST BE RENEWED PRIOR TO THE FALL TERM IN THE ACADEMIC YEAR IN WHICH IT EXPIRES.
Students should check with the Registrar's Office to ensure that transcripts from other institutions have been received. Applicants will be at a disadvantage if coursework taken at other institutions has not been transferred to CSS.
Applications to the major will be reviewed annually in October with an admission status report sent to the student prior to registration for spring semester classes. Admissions will be finalized after fall semester grades are posted. Students will be notified of changes in their admission status via campus email in January. A printed copy will also be sent to the address the student supplied with their application to the major.