First Year Development Program
Designed to help you succeed.
The First Year Development Program (FYDP) offers an array of services designed to help students succeed at the College of St. Scholastica both academically and socially. These students are accepted to The College via the First Year Development Program. Some of the components include:
- Participation in a week long Academic Orientation program offered the week before fall semester begins.
- Enrollment in SAF 1777 Strategic Learning course for fall semester.
- Weekly meetings with a Peer Mentor who facilitates a weekly study and reflection session.
- Additional support from staff and counselors from SSS and Counseling Services.
- Commitment to at least one hour each week to study assistance .
The outcomes of The First Year Development Program (FYDP) include:
- To understand and communicate the purpose of one's place in a society of learners.
- To heighten one's academic expectations and results through active participation.
- To apply practical study techniques to other courses of study.
Students who participate in FYDP must participate in all of the components of FYDP, beginning with Academic Orientation in order to retain their acceptance to fall semester. For questions or concerns, please contact the FYDP advisor, Jessica Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218.723.6645.