Admission Requirements and Checklist
All applicants to the RN to BS Online Nursing Track of the baccalaureate nursing program will need to fulfill the following requirements prior to the start of the program:
- Current registered nurse license from at least one state; eligibility for licensure in Minnesota
- Associate's degree with a major in nursing from an accredited college
- Meet our general education requirements; or have earned an Associate of Arts degree or previous BA or BS degree; or meet the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum requirements
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Three to six months of experience as a registered nurse required to complete the Portfolio credits
Note: Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Request official transcripts. Transcripts must be in the original sealed envelope from the school, or from a certified electronic official transcript provider such as Docufide, Scrip Safe or National Clearinghouse. (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- College transcripts from all colleges that you have attended and/or from which you received financial aid
- High School transcripts, if you have no college credit, or you took three full years of high school foreign language.
The College of St. Scholastica
Office of Graduate and Extended Studies Admissions
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
- Complete the Online Application. You will need to use an updated browser, preferably Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Submit State and license number for current registered nursing license from at least one state.
- If you have international transcripts or non-citizen status, you will need to send additional documentation. Please see the International Admissions Policy for complete details.
- Discuss financing your education with the Financial Aid Office early in the application process by calling (877) 287-8716.
- Upon receipt of all application materials, the application packet will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review and the admissions decision.
Summer: May 2
Summer mid-term: June 20
Fall: August 15
Fall mid-term: October 10
Spring: December 15
Spring mid-term: February 21
Upon acceptance into the RN to BS Nursing Track and prior to taking Community Health Clinical course, students will need to:
- Submit Decision Response Form
- Submit Release of Information Form
- Submit Health History and Physical Exam Form
- Submit proof of coverage by professional liability insurance ($1 million for each occurence)
- Annually pass a state-mandated criminal background check
- Submit a copy of CPR certification that includes expiration date
- Technology Requirements (pdf)
This tuition rate is in effect for the 2013-2014 academic year. Tuition rate is subject change in subsequent years.
Our Financial Aid office can help you find ways to pay for your education. From grants, loans and scholarships to employer reimbursement and discounts, there are many ways to finance your education.
The baccalaureate nursing program at The College of St. Scholastica is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.