Nursing Informatics Certificate Program Admission Requirements and Checklist
- Current, active RN license, within a state or territory of the United States.
IMPORTANT: For your application to be processed, the College must be able to validate your RN license. If your state does not have an online RN license validation process, you must submit a notarized copy of current RN license valid in the U.S. to Office of Graduate and Extended Studies Admissions, The College of St. Scholastica, 1200 Kenwood Avenue, Duluth, MN 55811
- BA/BS degree in nursing or BA/BS degree in a relevant field, from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 on required transcripts.
Note: Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Applicants are expected to be ready for Master's level work by having strong writing skills.
- Have proficiency in using a computer, sending and receiving emails (with and without attachments), and browsing the web.
- Have access to the internet, an internet browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox (latest versions). Additional requirements may be required for individual courses.
- Request official transcripts. Transcripts must be in the original sealed envelope from the school, or from a certified electronic official transcript provider such as Docufide, Scrip Safe or National Clearinghouse (email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Transcripts required: transcript showing nursing degree, BA/BS transcript showing degree conferred (if other than nursing, must be in a related field), any post-baccalaureate transcript.
Please order early - transcripts can take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive. Mail transcripts for receipt on or before the deadline to:
The College of St. Scholastica
Office of Graduate and Extended Studies Admissions
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
- Complete the Online Application
Upload your Nursing Informatics Certificate Program Goal Statement
Please write a short answer for the following questions:
- What are your personal and professional goals?
- How will a Nursing Informatics Certificate help you achieve those goals?
- What personal qualities do you possess that would make you successful in the Nursing Informatics Certificate Program?
- How do you plan to apply the skills and knowledge from your Nursing Informatics Certificate Program training to improve health and the delivery of health care services?
- If you have international transcripts or non-citizen status, you will need to send additional documentation. Please see the International Admissions Policy for complete details.
- Discuss financing your education with the Financial Aid Office early in the application process by calling (877) 287-8716.
- Upon receipt of all application materials, the application packet will be forwarded to the Non-Traditional Nursing Department Admissions Committee for review and the admissions decision.
Program start dates
Students may begin the Nursing Informatics Certificate Program in spring, summer or fall semesters. Application deadlines are August 15 for fall start, December 15 for spring start and May 2nd for summer start.
- Submit Intent to Enroll Form
This tuition rate is in effect for the 2013-2014 academic year. Tuition rate is subject change in subsequent years.
Speak to an Admissions Counselor today!
(866) 211-2337 or