B.A./B.S. or M.A./M.S. degree in Physical Therapy from a CAPTE accredited college or university
Current unrestricted license to practice physical therapy in the United States
Employed at least one year, full time equivalent (2,080 hours) as a licensed physical therapist in the United States.
Note: Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Request official transcripts. Transcripts must be in the original sealed envelope from the school, or from a certified electronic official transcript provider such as Docufide, Scrip Safe or National Clearinghouse (email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Transcripts required: BA/BS transcript showing degree conferred, any post-baccalaureate transcript, and any transcript with pre-requisite coursework.
Please order early - transcripts can take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive. Mail transcripts for receipt on or before the deadline to:
The College of St. Scholastica
Office of Graduate and Extended Studies Admissions
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
- Complete the Online Application. You will need to use an updated browser, preferably Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Upload the Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy essay
The tDPT essay serves two purposes: First to inform us of your ability to write at the graduate level and second to inform us of your potential fit with our program. The essay needs to reflect the applicant's ability to write at the graduate level, which is a critical component of our program.
Prepare a 500-word essay, typed and double-spaced, answering the following:
- What are your reasons for pursuing a Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy degree?
- How will seeking a Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy degree enhance your professional career?
- How will completing the Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy degree affect your practice and delivery of healthcare?
- Why did you choose The College of St. Scholastica for your studies?
- Enter contact information for two health care professionals (include one recommendation from a PT professional) who have observed your work. These individuals will receive an email request to complete an online recommendation form, with an optional letter upload. The subject of the email will include "Please submit your recommendation for *First Name *Last Name".
- Submit copy of license
- Upload Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Upload letter of reference from supervisor, on official letterhead. This letter must confirm employment equivalent to one year, full time (2,080 hours) as a licensed physical therapist, and verify work history, present job description and suitability for doctoral work.
- If you have international transcripts or non-citizen status, you will need to send additional documentation. Please see the tDPT International Admissions Policy for complete details.International applicants must have taken and passed the U.S. licensing exam.
- Discuss financing your education with OneStop early in the application process by calling (877) 287-8716.
- Upon receipt of all application materials, the application packet will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review and the admissions decision.
Fall: Aug. 15
Spring: Dec. 15
Summer: May 2
Once accepted, you will need to submit the Decision Response form. Details regarding this will be sent after we process your application.
See Graduate Transfer Credit Policy
Credit Transfer Application form
Our Financial Aid office can help you find ways to pay for your education. From grants, loans and scholarships to employer reimbursement and discounts, there are many ways to finance your education.