$395 / credit*
Master of Education
This tuition rate is in effect for the 2014-2015 academic year. Tuition rate is subject to change in subsequent years.
*Total program cost varies and is dependent on transfer credits and individualized program plan.
Admissions Requirements and Checklist
B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited college or university
GPA of at least 2.8
Note: Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Request official transcripts. Transcripts must be in the original sealed envelope from the school, or from a certified electronic official transcript provider such as Docufide, Scrip Safe or National Clearinghouse (email to email@example.com). Transcripts required: BA/BS transcript showing degree conferred, any post-baccalaureate transcript, and any transcript with pre-requisite coursework.
Please order early - transcripts can take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive. Mail transcripts for receipt on or before the deadline to:
The College of St. Scholastica
Office of Graduate and Extended Studies Admissions
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
- Complete the Online Application. You will need to use an updated browser, preferably Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Upload a complete Master of Education degree Essay ( pdf or word format)
The essay should represent your highest level of academic writing and demonstrate ability to participate in graduate level studies.
Prepare a 500-word essay, typed and double-spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins, answering the following:
- What do you hope to learn from your graduate studies in Education?
- How do you believe earning a Master's Degree in Education will enhance your professional life?
Please finish the essay with a short paragraph on:
- Why did you choose The College of St. Scholastica for your studies?
- Enter contact information for two educational or professional references. These individuals will receive an email request to complete an online recommendation form, with an optional letter upload. The subject of the email will include "Please submit your recommendation for *First Name *Last Name".
- If you have international transcripts or non-citizen status, you will need to send additional documentation. Please see the International Admissions Policy for complete details.
- Discuss financing your education with OneStop early in the application process by calling (877) 287-8716.
- Upon receipt of all application materials, the application packet will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review and the admissions decision.
Submit Decision Response Form
See Graduate Transfer Credit Policy
Credit Transfer Application form
Our Financial Aid office can help you find ways to pay for your education. From grants, loans and scholarships to employer reimbursement and discounts, there are many ways to finance your education.