$485 / credit*
Master of Business Administration
This tuition rate is in effect for the 2013-2014 academic year. Tuition rate is subject to change in subsequent years.
*Total program cost varies and is dependent on transfer credits and individualized program plan.
Admission Requirements and Checklist
- B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8
Note: Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Applicants are expected to be ready for MBA-level work by having strong writing and quantitative thinking skills.
- Completed coursework in macroeconomics, microeconomics, and accounting at the undergraduate level with a grade of B or better within seven years per Graduate Council Policy. Students without this coursework completed will be expected to successfully complete self-study modules offered by the School of Business & Technology.
- Request official transcripts. Transcripts must be in the original sealed envelope from the school, or from a certified electronic official transcript provider such as Docufide, Scrip Safe or National Clearinghouse (email to email@example.com). Transcripts required: BA/BS transcript showing degree conferred, any post-baccalaureate transcript, and any transcript with pre-requisite coursework.
Please order early - transcripts can take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive. Mail transcripts for receipt on or before the deadline to:
The College of St. Scholastica
Office of Graduate and Extended Studies Admissions
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
- Complete the Online Application. You will need to use an updated browser, preferably Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Upload your Graduate Management Programs Written Essays
Please prepare a 600-word (minimum) essay, typed and double spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins.
Applicant may choose a topic of interest (e.g., organizational behavior, communications, finance management, or economics) but it should be relevant to the MA in Management or MBA program to which s/he is applying.
The essay should represent your highest level of academic writing and demonstrate an ability to participate in a rigorous, fast-paced academic program.
NOTE FOR DUAL DEGREE PROGRAM APPLICANTS: Those applicants who are applying for the dual degree option should include an additional passage of about 250 words that addresses a topic of interest that is relevant to the second degree.
Separate from the above, we would like the applicant to summarize in essay form - at no more than 300 words, please - the following questions:
- Why would you be a good candidate for admission to either the MAM or MBA program?
- Tell us about your personal and professional goals (i.e., What will you be doing professionally in 5 or 10 years from now) and how will completing this program help you accomplish those goals?
- Enter contact information for two references who observed and evaluate applicant's leadership competences or abilities. Recommendations from two different organizations preferred. These individuals will receive an email request to complete an online recommendation form, with an optional letter upload. The subject of the email will include "Please submit your recommendation for *First Name *Last Name".
- Upload a current resume listing all education and work experience
- If you have international transcripts or non-citizen status, you will need to send additional documentation. Please see the International Admissions Policy for complete details.
- Discuss financing your education with the Financial Aid Office early in the application process by calling (877) 287-8716.
- Upon receipt of all application materials, the application packet will be forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review and the admissions decision.
Program Start Dates
Our MBA program has two starts per year (fall and spring). Please refer to the Academic Calendar for start dates. This program follows the extended studies schedule.
- Submit Decision Response Form