The Occupational Therapy Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
4720 Montgomery Lane
P.O. Box 31220
Bethesda, MD 20824-1220
First-Year Admission Criteria Track (FACT)
A criterion-based program for first-year students at St. Scholastica.
FACT is a criterion-based early admission program into the graduate Occupational Therapy Program. The program is available for first-year students at The College of St. Scholastica.
First-year students who declare their intent to pursue a Master's (M.S.) Degree in Occupational Therapy will be guaranteed admission to the program after completing an undergraduate degree, if they meet the plan criteria.
- Register as a FACT student with the Graduate Admissions office by the end of the first year (deadline for application is May 1st.) The first 16 qualified applicants will be accepted into the FACT program.
- Complete all prerequisite courses for the Occupational Therapy Entry-level Master's Program.
- Maintain an overall and a prerequisite grade point average of 3.0 with a grade of 2.7 or better in all prerequisite courses. (See Post-Baccalaureate Phase-In table.)
- Obtain a minimum grade of 3.0 on the first year English composition course.
- Attend FACT advising session each semester.
Benefits to the FACT applicant include guaranteed admission into the program, continuous access and interaction with a program faculty member, and exemption from the application interview.
First-year students who have enough credits (when they arrive at college) to make them sophomores (or higher) may apply as early FACT applicants only if there are less than 16 FACT applicants in the class with whom they apply.
Apply for FACT
- Create an account
- Select Graduate Application
- Fill in the required information
- Select the program: Occupational Therapy First Year Admissions Track (FACT)
- Submit your application
Admissions Counselor, Duluth Campus