There are four types of Student Activities positions open during the academic year: Port Information Desk Attendants, Tech Crew members, a Graphic Artist and Student Activities Office Assistants. Do you want a job that is fun, exciting and important? Work for Student Activities.
The Port is home to Java Express Coffee and the information headquarters of the college. The Port rents outdoor equipment and the original Nintendo, offers DTA bus information, sells movie passes, calling cards, helium balloons and newspapers. The Port also supplies equipment for pool and ping-pong. Applicants with coffee making experience will be given preference. Port attendants are considered Food Service employees and get paid at a higher level than all other work study positions.
1. Implement the policies of the College of St. Scholastica and the Student Union.
2. Maintain the desk operation by handling game equipment, ticket and newspaper sales, rentals and preparing gourmet coffees.
3. Attend all Port meetings as called.
4. Complete daily cleaning tasks prior to the end of each shift.
5. Perform weekly clean-up duties as assigned.
6. Account for all money in the cash register and safe during each shift.
7. Fill out time sheets completely before the day it is to be submitted.
8. Maintain the safety and secure the premises and equipment. Discourage destruction or careless use of equipment as well as disruptive behavior.
9. Clean and be responsible for TV Lounge, furniture, all equipment and television/DVD remote.
10. Follow all food handling guidelines and keep the Java Express Coffee area up to Health Code. Learn to make espresso, coffee, etc.
11. The Coordinator of Student Activities/Union Manager or the Port Student Manager may assign other duties.
The Tech Crew is a set-up and takedown crew for student programs and special events. The Tech Crew is also responsible for the operation of technical equipment at student programs, specifically sound, lighting, and film projection. The Tech Crew also provides some maintenance service following some programs. Prior experience with sound systems, lighting, etc. a plus.
1. Implement the policies of The College of St Scholastica and the Student Union.
2. Work with other crew members under the supervision of the Student Manager.
3. Learn how to operate equipment as needed.
4. Attend Tech Crew meetings as called.
5. Attend training sessions when necessary.
6. Attain an adequate knowledge of the College of St. Scholastica and it's facilities.
7. Ensure the safety and maintenance of equipment and while working.
8. Set up and take down equipment for College programs.
9. Clean up after events.
10. Fill out time sheets completely before the day it is to be submitted.
11. The Coordinator of Student Activities/Union Manager or the Tech Crew Manager may assign other duties.
The Graphic Artist is responsible for creating all banners and posters that are requested through the Student Activities Office's banner service. There is one Graphic Artist. The Graphic Artist has a private office supplied by Student Activities with banner paper, poster paper, and poster markers.
1. Implement the policies of The College of St. Scholastica and the Student Union.
2. Attend Student Union Staff meetings as called.
3. Attend training sessions when necessary.
4. Attain an adequate knowledge of the College of St. Scholastica and it's facilities.
5. Ensure the safety and maintenance of equipment. Use all equipment safely.
6. Create banners and posters in a timely fashion and make all deadlines.
7. Commit to 10 office hours a week.
8. Fill out time sheets completely before the day it is to be submitted.
9. The Coordinator of Student Activities/Union Manager may assign other duties.
The Student Activities Office has 3 office assistants during the academic year and one full-time assistant during the summer. The office assistants are vital to the day-to-day operations of the Student Union and the Student Activities Office. Preference will be given to students with interest in student development and student activities.
1. Implement the policies of the College and the Student Union.
2. Maintain a calendar of when Union space is requested and by whom.
3. Help organize Tech Crew calendar of when Tech Crew needs to work and organize requests for services.
4. Work with Port and record/maintain, and organize newspaper sales, returning unused papers.
5. Perform routine clerical duties of office.
6. Plan and promote special events sponsored by Student Activities Office (Activities Fair, Volunteer Fair, etc.)
7. Maintain bulletin boards and white boards and handle reservation requests for use of campus-wide boards.
8. Other duties as assigned by Coordinator of Student Activities.
The College of St. Scholastica
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811