If you come upon or are informed of a hazardous material release that is life threatening or presents a fire hazard: (i.e. - gas leak,chemical spill, vapors, fumes)
1. Call 9-1-1 and give the following information:
2. Move away from the accident scene and alert others to stay away.
3. Try not to breath gases, vapors, fumes or smoke.
4. Stay away from accident victims.
5. If toxic chemicals come in contact with your skin,immediately flush the affected area with clear water for at least 15 minutes. Use chemical showers if available.
6. When emergency responders arrive on scene, notify them of the location(s) of any injured or trapped persons.
The College of St. Scholastica
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811