When: Every Tuesday at 6 p.m.
Where: Science Building Room 3202
Who: An anonymous group of friends and family members of alcoholics.
What: A place to share experiences, strengths, and hope.
If you would like to learn more about other Al-Anon meetings in your local area call 1-888-4AL-Anon.
Are You Troubled by Someone's Drinking? Millions of people are affected by the excessive drinking of someone close. The following questions are designed to help you decide whether or not you need Al-Anon:
1. Do you worry about how much someone else drinks?
2. Do you have money problems because of someone else's drinking?
3. Do you tell lies to cover up for someone else's drinking?
4. Do you feel that if the drinker cared about you, he or she would stop drinking to please you?
5. Do you blame the drinker's behavior on his or her companions?
6. Are plans frequently upset or canceled or meals delayed because of the drinker?
7. Do you make threats, such as, "If you don't stop drinking, I'll leave you?"
8. Do you secretly try to smell the drinker's breath?
9. Are you afraid to upset someone for fear it will set off a drinking bout?
10. Have you been hurt or embarrassed by a drinker's behavior?
11. Are holidays and gatherings spoiled because of drinking?
12. Have you considered calling the police for help in fear of abuse?
13. Do you search for hidden alcohol?
14. Do you ever ride in a car with a driver who has been drinking?
15. Have you refused social invitations out of fear or anxiety?
16. Do you feel like a failure because you can't control the drinking?
17. Do you think that if the drinker drinking, your other problems would be solved.
18. Do you ever threaten to hurt yourself to scare the drinker?
19. Do you feel angry, confused, or depressed most of the time?
20. Do you feel there is no one who understands your problems?
If you've answered yes to any of these questions there a solution! A new Al-Anon meeting is taking place right here on campus
The College of St. Scholastica
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811