Student teachers are invited to nominate a cooperating teacher whom they feel has provided excellent mentorship and support for them during their student teaching experience.
Purpose of the Distinguished Scholar Award:
To recognize students with outstanding commitment to Education that surpasses the required curriculum.
Criteria: Documented completion of 6 significant activities in the following 3 categories (at least 1 in each). All experiences need pre-approval by one of the SOE faculty contacts.
- Work as research assistant to faculty
- Published article or book
- Participate in state or national education or content area convention
- Volunteer work in schools, nonpaid
- Service Learning Experience
- HECUA experience
- Study Abroad
- Dignitas Mentoring or Peer Tutoring
- Student on a Special Assignment (SSA); work for an School of Education faculty member
- Curricular/grade level area chair in a school setting
- Officer in School of Education student organization
- Organizer/Leader of 3 major activities in School of Education Student Organization
- Leader of a student organization
- Student Senate member
*Must be developed with a SOE faculty contact.