Application to the Program for Traditional Students
When do I apply?
Typically, students apply to the Social Work Program during the second semester of the sophomore year or when they have obtained academic credit equivalent to junior status. In order to register for upper-level social work courses you must be accepted into the Social Work Program.
We encourage students to apply early, as this can assist in academic and career planning. Please follow the application steps below. If you have any questions, please contact the Social Work Department at (218) 723-5981.
Step by step
- Complete the online application for admission to the social work program.
- Submit a minimum of three complete reference forms. These should include:
- One reference from a faculty member
- One reference from an agency/employment supervisor who has observed your interaction with clients.
- One personal or professional reference
- Complete a 3-4 page essay. View essay instructions
All recommendation forms and essays can be returned to:
Social Work Department
The College of St. Scholastica
1200 Kenwood Ave
Duluth, MN 55811