Earn free AHIMA-approved CEUs
AHIMA has approved our free online course Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology for Continuing Education credit.
The bachelor's and master's degree programs at The College of St. Scholastica are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
Health Informatics and Information Management Department
Excellent preparation for an excellent career
The HIM graduate program is structured to facilitate the career advancement of practicing health information management professionals, however it has evolved to also facilitate the growth of those committed to joining the health information discipline as new healthcare professionals.
This program emphasizes quality health care data and information as the foundation for organizational information and knowledge management systems. The curriculum is designed to prepare professionals to thrive in an information-driven healthcare environment. It prepares individuals for responsibilities in areas such as health care data resources administration, health care data privacy and security oversight, strategic and operational information resource planning, clinical data analysis, information systems development and implementation.
The program is offered in a distance learning format, with courses conducted primarily online, and two one-week onsite intensive sessions required on campus in Minnesota or California.
The MS in HIM program prepares and challenges students to:
- acquire advanced knowledge and skills in healthcare data, information, and knowledge management.
- evaluate, select, and implement information technologies to manage healthcare data resources.
- leverage health information to drive integrated clinical and administrative decision-making, strategic planning, and outcomes management.
- take the leadership role in establishing an organizational culture that embraces the ethical use of confidential information and information technologies.
- introduce appropriate change management strategies while leading organizations toward the use of excellent health information technology systems.
- apply effective communication skills and strategies in interactions with multidisciplinary and multi-facility professionals.
- assume increasingly challenging administrative positions in complex provider organizations and related entities in the healthcare arena.
- thrive professionally in a practice environment that is undergoing fundamental change.
More information for . . .
Ryan H. Sandefer, MA, CPHIT
The College of St. Scholastica
School of Health Sciences
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
Phone: (218) 625 - 4931
2nd Annual LaTour/Eichenwald Forum
5:30 p.m. | June 3, 2013
The College of St. Scholastica campus
Free and open to the public. Registration requested.
Keynote speaker: Patty T. Sheridan, MBA, RHIA, FAHIMA
Patty T. Sheridan, MBA, RHIA, FAHIMA, (ex-officio - President/Chair, AHIMA Board of Directors) will provide the keynote address at this year's LaTour Eichenwald Forum on HIM Leadership and Innovation.
Sign up for the HIM newsletter!
Stay informed on the latest developments in HIM
- Hear from HIIM department faculty on topics affecting the industry
- View a current list of industry job leads
- Learn about events, research, grants and newly published works