Educational training for non-teachers
The Educational Studies major and minor is a non-licensure program. Students completing this major/minor will have the opportunity to complete coursework with Education majors and students enrolled in licensure programs while completing coursework in other areas.
This major supports career exploration for those following a field of study allied with education. This may include:
- Students who have a desire to run children's homes
- In-home day cares
- Healthcare students whose profession involves educating patients and their families
- Students who plan to be involved in the ministry of religious education
- Individuals who hope to learn how to effectively home school their children
- Those who aspire to be college professors
- International students who may have different needs when teaching in a different country
More information for. . .
Valerie Tanner, M.Ed.
Chair, Undergraduate Programs
Office: Tower Hall Room 3103
Accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC)
The College of St. Scholastica's Teacher Education Program is accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC) for a period of five years, from September 2008 to September 2013.
Minnesota Board of Teaching Approval (BOT)
The fully accredited Teacher Education Program is assessed according to the requirements and standards of the Minnesota Board of Teaching (BOT). The teacher education program has full continuing approval through June 30, 2019.