Pathways to Computing Careers
As part of national Computer Science Education Week, The College of St. Scholastica is hosting Pathways to Computing; a full day program allowing high school students and teachers an opportunity to explore careers in information technology and computer science.
Space is limited, so register soon using our online registration form.
Wednesday, December 11, 2012
This year students will be able to:
- See the different options for careers in computers
- Create an Android phone app
- Design the look and feel of a website
- Talk to IT professionals about their careers
The event is held at the College of St. Scholastica in our Science Building. There will be reserved parking spots available in the temporary parking lot right in front of the Science Building (South of the Science Building). See our online map for details.
Schedule for Pathways
- 9:00: Welcome and introduction to computing careers
- 9:15: Hands on Activity (Web Programming and Android App Inventor)
- 10:15: Refreshment Break
- 10:30: Hands on Activity (Web programming and Android App Inventor)
- 11:30: Lunch - College students share their experiences
- 12:00: Career Panelists: Hear about real careers from people doing them
- 1:30: Tour of campus and introduction to college life
- 2:00: Wrap up and door prize drawing
- 2:30: Students and teachers released to return home